What Causes Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic Brain Injury, also known as TBI, is often caused by an external blow or impact to the head.
Injury can cause a wide variety of symptoms including:
- Light and/or sound sensitivity
- Difficulty concentrating, sleeping, or performing tasks
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Memory impairment
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Anxiety and/or depression
Symptoms can present immediately, days, or weeks after the initial injury. Many people may not know that they suffered a TBI until symptoms surface. People who experience a TBI may benefit from medication management and/or physical therapy.