What is Acupuncture?
Watch our video for a brief explanation of what acupuncture is and why it is helpful from our very own, Dr. Vlach.
How is acupuncture performed?
Check out this video for an acupuncture demonstration from K'Lynda Snarr.
Medical acupuncture is a system which can influence three areas of health:
- Promotion of health and well-being
- Prevention of illness
- Treatment of various medical conditions
While acupuncture is often associated with pain control, in the hands of a well-trained practitioner it has much broader applications. Acupuncture can be effective as a sole treatment, or as the support or adjunct to other medical treatment forms in many medical and surgical disorders.
We won the Post Register “Best of 2018” for Acupuncture!
The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of medical problems, including:
- Digestive disorders: gastritis and hyperacidity, spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea.
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, recurrent chest infections.
- Neurological and muscular disorders: headaches, facial tics, neck pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendinitis, low back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis.
- Urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems.
Acupuncture is particularly useful in resolving physical problems related to tension and stress and emotional conditions.
Acupuncture Success Stories
"On January 9, 2016, I broke my neck and was paralyzed from the neck down. The prognosis of me walking again was 10%. After extensive Physical and Occupational Therapy, I am now able to walk and use my arms. Eastern Idaho Spine, Sports and Rehab Center has been instrumental in my recovery by directing my therapy and treatments. One of my new treatments is acupuncture which has been very beneficial. K’Lynda Snarr has been performing the acupuncture on me. She is very professional and effective in performing the acupuncture to address my areas of concern. We sit down and discuss my body issues and she develops the treatment to address the issues. The treatments are very effective."